Dr. John Gusdon Memorial New Investigator Award
This award is given to a new investigator with trainee status (graduate student, postdoctoral scientist, or resident) who has made a significant contribution by presenting an outstanding research paper during ASRI’s Annual Meeting. This award is given annually in memory of Dr. John Gusdon, a founding member of ASRI, and an advocate of student participation in ASRI meetings.
Additional Procedures for Gusdon Award
- Any trainee presenting a paper at the meeting can select to have his paper considered for the Gusdon Award. Candidates will be asked to produce proof of trainee status (ie: a letter from their supervisor).
- The chair of the Program Committee will verify that the candidate has trainee status and will distribute abstracts of all the candidates to the Awards Committee Chairman for scoring. The top five to six candidates will be selected to make an oral presentation of their paper. The papers, which can be presented in a special award session or as part of the regular meeting program, should be scheduled at least one day before the awards banquet.
- The Awards Committee will meet after the New Investigator session and choose a recipient for the Gusdon Award. The Awards Committee chair will ensure that the winner is given an opportunity to attend the banquet.
- 2013 Niamh Mangan, Monash University
- 2012 Diana Morales Prieto, University Hospital Jena
- 2011 Tania Nevers, Brown University
- 2010 Svetlana Dambaeva, University of Wisconsin
- 2009 Karen Racicot, Penn State University
- 2008 Kaori Koga, Yale University
- 2007 Tal Birnberg, Hebrew University
- 2006 Caren Schaecher, Southern Illinois University College of Medicine
- 2005 Shaun Murphy, Brown Medical School
- 2004 Debrashea Mukherjea, Southern Illinois University College of Medicine
- 2004 Subaru Higuma, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University
- 2003 Justine Fitzgerald, Friedrich-Schiller University
- 2002 Ana Zenclussen, Humboldt University
- 2001 Shawn Straszewski, Yale University
- 1999 Ginger Exley, Northeastern University
- 1991 Christian Thaler, Center for Reproduction and Transplantation
- 1989 Don Torry, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine